The student news site of Oilton Public Schools

Oilton Panther Press

Filed under Sports

Oilton Boys Districts*

The Oilton Panthers had districts yesterday against Olive and Preston. They went out against Olive and Olive scored 8 against us. We got up to bat and didn’t score any runs so the score was 8-0. Olive came back up, but only scored 2 more. This meant we had to at least score 2 to stay in it. We get up to bat and finally started hitting the ball. One run scored,  so we started to get pumped again. Then we had a player on second and our 4 hole came up to bat. He hit a high fly ball towards right and gets a double out of it. The score was  10-2. We held them to 0 runs,  but unfortunately we couldn’t get any more runs and that was the ball game.

We came out against Preston and didn’t do very well at all. Our first three batters hit the ball but were thrown out running to first. Preston came up to bat and got 9 runs off errors. We came back out and scored nothing but our bats were getting a hold of the ball just right to their players. Preston came back up to bat, got bases loaded, and a player hit a high ball over the center fielder’s head, and he gets a triple out of it. They got two more runners on base and their massive man of a four hole comes up to bat. He hit a huge bomb over the left field wall. He hit it so hard it almost went to the softball field. The score was 15-0. We came back up to bat and the first three batters went down swinging.