What exactly does contouring mean? Basically, it gives the face an illusion of looking close to perfect. You can accomplish this by applying a liquid bronzer or foundation that is three shades darker than your natural skin color. Then you apply this in areas you want to seem smaller; for example, your nose or chin. Highlighting is actually the exact opposite but it has the same concept. This is where you accentuate a specific part of your face by using a lighter shade than your all over color, this will make the lighter areas seem bigger. This technique can seriously make you look perfect and airbrushed. But with that said, this isn’t something you want to do everyday, unless you’re Kim Kardashion.
First step in contouring/ highlighting:
1. Prime the face! Primer makes your makeup stay on longer and it brings out colors. Here are some product options: Cheaper/ More Expensive.
2. Use a concealer brush to apply of course concealer, that is 2 or 3 shades lighter then you’re skin tone. Make a inverted triangle under the eye and touching the sides of the nose going up toward the brow. Product options: Cheaper/ More expensive.
3. Take that some concealer and make a straight line going down the bridge of the nose. Also when you reach the forehead fan out the concealer in small strokes.
4. Next apply on the chin, is you have a small chin use more concealer, if you have a big chin use less.
5. Go around the nostrials with the conceal, this will diminish redness. When you bring up the concealer more to the hair line it will make the face seem more lifted
6. Use a foundation 3 to 4 shades darker then skin tone, start by applying around forehead edges and down the hair line, across the jaw line and bringing it all the way to the chin. Also apply to the hallows of the cheek bones. If you want a more smaller, straight nose take the product and make a straight line on the sides of the nose. Product options: Cheaper/ more expensive
7. Use a foundation brush to blend the two colors all together!Work from outside in and work in sections. Set the work with powder.